Sunday, August 13, 2017

My young man often asked, “Mama, are you cooking today?”. Guess he likes my vegetarian dishes with the flavours of home, simple but made with love.  This Sunday, I’ve cooked 3 meals – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.  

So for dinner tonight, I just whipped up something simple yet real fast that almost anyone can do! Fried Vegetarian Chicken Rice, Clear Watercress Soup, Eggplant in Soy Bean Paste with Chilli and a Vegetable and Fruit Salad. 

As for the watercress soup, I used water (soy bean broth) add ginger and bring to a boil.  Add watercress, off fire when it boils. as I like the slightly green broth with a special fresh taste of the watercress.  Garnish with nori and sesame oil for a simple presentation. 

Eggplant in Soy Bean Paste with Chilli is another healthy simple dish where no oil is used except for few sprinkle of sesame oil. Thinking of adding brown golden needle mushroom to give it a crunchy texture.
Vegetable and Fruit salad consists of carrot, cherry tomatoes, Japanese cucumber, apple, grapes and raisin, corn flake and nuts (optional). Was thinking of adding lychee. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails